Monthly Wrap-up: June 2019


I haven't done one of these in a while, and what better time to get back into the habit of wrapping up the month then at the advent of summer?


For a while now I've been reading multiple books at a time, which- if you're a long-time booksandtype reader, you know- is completely uncharacteristic of me. What's worse is that I've been "reading" two of them since the beginning of the year and haven't even gotten halfway through either of them-  I'm referring to Lord of the Rings by Tolkien and Voyager by Diana Gabaldon. I'm ashamed to admit that out of the fifty books I'd pledged to read this year, I've only read two to three books from cover to cover. Luckily though, I followed one of the strategies I use to get myself out of a reading slump and am reading a series that I enjoyed as a wee teenager
- The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. I don't think they're best books ever written, mind you. I merely like the series for what it is: another juvenile vampire story.




I don't know what has possessed me to dive back into the never-ending sea of k-pop, head-first, but I have. Despite my best efforts to stay away as a result of the catastrophe that was my BTS-craze. This time around, my latest obsession is Got7, one of the more popular South Korean boy bands. Yes, I'm a twenty-two-year-old woman who can't seem to shake off something as trivial and superficial as a boy band infatuation. It's sad. On a more jovial note, if you're a k-pop fan, a propective fan, or just want to dip your toe into the aforementioned sea, I suggest you give GOT7 a listen, particularly Just Right, Look, Eclipse, and Hard Carry.


The on-screen stratum of entertainment is mostly to blame for my lack of motivation to read these days. If I'm not binge-watching Boruto or Friends, then I'm browsing Youtube watching God knows what. More than anything else (with the exception of GOT7 videos, but let's not rehash that detail), I've been watching a lot of Star Wars content, especially over at Alex and Molly Damon's Star Wars Explained. In great anticipation of Episode IX, I've been dissecting every bit of relevant information hoping to have some light shed on the ominous last five seconds of the Rise of Skywalker trailer because I honestly don't know what to expect. We've been duped before. Star Wars Explained covers everything from the new Galaxy's Edge amusement park experience to the nitty-gritty of Mandalorian history. I love the fact that they cover everything and I genuinely enjoy Alex and Molly's adorkable chemistry. Check them out!

Comments

back to top