Blood Promise (Vampire Academy #4) by Richelle Mead


Image result for blood promise

4 out of 5 stars

You know that feeling- that newfound perspective on a book you first read in your adolescence? You might find that you've outgrown the piece or that you have a better appreciation for it. In the case Blood Promise, the fourth installment in author Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series, after having read it for the first time in several years, I have come to discover a third, more neutral category of the post-rereading phase: no change. I was enthralled by the adventure I had experienced as I read Blood Promise and this time was no different. I was just as fascinated by Rose's determination to see her mission through and understood the gravity of and the reasons behind the sacrifices she had to make in order to do so.

Richelle Mead is a rare breed of storyteller and on that account, she seldom fails to deliver. My reading preferences━what I like to read, that is, have changed over the years, and yet I enjoy reading this book as much as I always have.

Comments

back to top