Movie News: The "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" Trailer Discussion



You, my dear readers, might not yet know this, (how can you not have figured it out by now) but I LOVE Harry Potter. I love the books, the movies, EVERYTHING. Harry Potter is my childhood (and adulthood, absolutely no shame there) And when I found out that there's going to be another movie, I was excited. And skeptical. Initially, I had thought maybe it's just another bout of wishful thinking from a fan. But then I found out it was real. You can imagine how I felt. Then I found out Eddie Redmayne was playing the lead role.


I absolutely adore Eddie Redmayne. Even though this specific film isn't an adaptation in the sense that isn't based on a book, they (casters) couldn't have picked someone better. It's interesting because considering all the roles in all the films Eddie Redmayne played, you wouldn't have thought he would be in a film based on the wizarding world.

I love how it takes place in New York, we saw what looked like the Grand Central Station, and the familiar skyline.The 1920s esque- though I'm not entirely sure that's the setting- is pretty cool. The attire, the surroundings, etc. We're introduced to many aspects of the wizarding world that didn't really know existed. For example, these fantastical beasts we're supposed to find. I don't recall the Harry Potter books or movies putting much emphasis on beasts, with the exception of detentions, which are creatures that suck out the happiness from a person; basilisk snake, huge serpentine-like creatures; centaurs, common in more than just the wizrding world; boggarts shape-shifters that shift into person's worst fear, etc. I'm excited to see what we're in for. This may be my most anticipated film of the year. I'm super-psyched! 



Here's the trailer if you didn't watch it for some reason:

Comments

back to top