Monthly Wrap-up: July 2017



So I'm back on the blogging wagon! July has been quite an eventful month on the blog. In fact, it's been the most eventful month of the year thus far. There were a few firsts on the blog this month. My first promotional post went up, and I interviewed my first author, the amazing Rachel Caine no less! Also, I read my first collection of novellas! The novella (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy) wasn't great, but this definitely won't be my last.

I'm finishing up the last of my course work for my Bachelor's degrees in Psychology and Sociology so school has been draining me of my energy, time, and (slowly, but surely) my will to live. I'm always stressed out now. Where my education is concerned, I haven't been worry free since my sophomore year (last year). Applying to grad school has been a trying experience as well, I kept procrastinating because I don't handle rejection or failure very well. I'm applying to Teachers College at Columbia University for the splendid Neuroscience and Education master's program and I'll be devastated if I don't get in. Anyway, enough of the depressing talk. Let's get on with the goings-on of the past month, shall we?






Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2 (Harry Potter #8) by J.K Rowling, John Tiffany and Jack Thorne


I haven't found or been listening to anything in particular this month, but I thought I'd share a playlist I really enjoy listening to. And it's- you guessed it!- classical music. Well, Chinese folk music which is essentially the same, at least in the matter of the music on this playlist. The playlist is great, give it a listen!


Duh! Did you expect anything different? As you may have read in the "happenings on the blog" section, I have been reviewing season 7 of Game of Thrones by episode so I won't disclose information here. Apparently, this season is going to blow us away (😉) and I'm certainly ready to be blown away because winter is long overdue.

Comments

back to top