Everlasting (The Immortals #6) by Alyson Noel



Synopsis:



















3 out of 5 stars

So, I've a lot to say about this book. #1 being that this one was the best of all six books. The first five I gave three stars because my enjoyment level of the books was very low. I mean I like the concept of Ever and Damen being immortals, it sort of didn't make sense to me how along with their immortality came psychic and manifesting abilities. If you told me there is an elixir that guarantees immortality, I would believe you because you know what with alchemy and all. And also the possibility if the elixir changing the body internally, therefore avoiding the process of aging and possibly dying.
That, I would believe, but how can the elixir allow manifesting and the psychic-ing? Also, what's up with Ever? I have never, in years of reading meet, or read about a stupider character- and not just any character, but the protagonist I should add! She makes the stupidest decisions and she doesn't know how to prioritize, and not to mention that she didn't deserve Damen. However, that was my opinion of her in the first five books. You'd think that characters develop throughout all the books, but that wasn't Ever's case, no, Alyson Noel decided to suddenly have Ever developed in the last book.
Anyway, in this book Ever becomes slightly less stupid and actually makes better decisions. But enough about Ever, the whole book was just much better written than the first five. And I was surprised to find that there wasn't a repeated word or phrase throughout the book. Seriously, each book has it own repeated word, phrase or even action. For Evermore it was the shrugging and nodding- I swear every time Ever spoke, she would shrug and/or nod.

In Dark Flame it was "Any way, shape, or form". In Night Star it was "No more, no less". Ugh, it was soo frustrating to find them repeated over and over and over again. But that wasn't the case in this book. I didn't see any repetitions, which was good. I thought this book was okay. I liked the concept of the Tree of Life, and them becoming human again

Comments

back to top