Top 6 Books of 2016




For some 2016 was a horrendous year of tragedy, for others (most likely supporters of the Trump administration) it was fine and dandy. But since we choose (for the most part) not to discuss the politics of the world on this blog, I decided that instead on general reflection of the 2016, I would publish a post solely dedicated to my six favorite books of 2016.

1. Morning Star (Red Rising #3) by Pierce Brown


I absolutely loved this book! I would recommend it to anyone that reads. I didn't do it justice with my review, but, believe me, it was really good. Well-written, fast-paced (even though it took me nearly a month to read, but that was no fault of the book. I was in a reading slump for some time), and the story line is excellent. I can't wait to see what Pierce Brown has in store next!

2. Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1) by Cassandra Clare


I may have written my longest review to date for Lady Midnight. I hadn't read a Cassie Clare book for a long time before Lady Midnight came along, and I have to say, I forgot how good her books were. I got very analytical, and made character judgments, fairly plausible predictions, and a lot of "ohmygod"-ing. A lot.

3. Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo 


I have to admit, the beginning was a little slow for me, but it picked up very quickly. This was my first Leigh Bardugo book, so I was a little apprehensive when I started reading it. But boy, were my doubts unfounded. I freaking loved this book. Very exciting.

4. (tied) Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5) by Richelle Mead


*sigh* I'm still saddened by the fact that this series is over and done with. Although, Richelle Mead was quoted to have said that we haven't seen the last of the Bloodlines series characters, so I'm hopeful. I loved the first three books much more than the last three, but I loved them nonetheless. 

4. (tied) A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird #1) by Claudia Gray


Because of this book, Russia (yes, the country) has gained an obsessive fan. I mean, I was fond of Russia before A Thousand Pieces of You, but I became obsessed. I've been hung up on everything from FabrĂ©ge Eggs to the Russian Renaissance period. 

6. The Rose Society (The Young Elites #2) by Marie Lu


I read The Rose Society in a span of a few hours on a road trip. Like Six of Crows, this series was the first I read written by the author. I knew to expect good things after reading The Young Elites, and I found good things. Adelina's (the main character) development was interesting and quite unique. I haven't yet read The Midnight Star, which is the third and final installment of the trilogy and I can't wait to read what happens.

What were your favorite books of 2016?

Comments

back to top