The Rose Society (The Young Elites #2) by Marie Lu



Synopsis





























4.5 out of 5 stars

The second installment of the Young Elites series (trilogy?) by Marie Lu was epic! Like its predecessor, I bought the eBook version which, I don't usually do for books I would much rather own a physical copy of, but it was on sale! I think they (both the Young Elites and Rose Society) were $1.99 each. Regardless, I don't regret making the purchase one bit. In fact, I might actually buy them in hardcover as well.
ANYWAY, I obviously really enjoyed this book, I mean four and a half stars? That's quite a feat! I was trying to decide for so long what rating I wanted to give Rose Society. It tottered between four and a half and five stars for while, until I finally settled on four and a half. The only reason I decided on four and a half was due to the fact that I grew frustrated with the decisions Adelina made throughout the last half of the book. The Young Elites only betrayed her, and rightly so I might add because she betrayed them. It was wrong of Raphael to assume the worst of her which he based on her energy. I felt like his judgment a little fogged by his feelings for Enzo, who was in a short-lived relationship with Adelina.

After Adelina discovers the Elites' betrayal, she escapes with her sister and founds her own new group of Elites. The organization is called the Rose Society. The hypocritical Teren continues his self-assigned mission to eradicate Elites. I can't really say much of anything else without giving away potentially spoiling information. It's a great book, I definitely recommend this series!

Comments

back to top