Waiting on Wednesday: Life's Library



I haven't done one of these in well over a year. This time though, instead of disclosing a book I'm waiting to be published, this Wednesday, I'm waiting on something a little more special: The Life's Library, a book club organized by John Green and Rosianna Rojas to "celebrate good books and good communities". I'm particularly excited about this book club because John Green recommends great books. His recommendations span all genres, from nonfiction to contemporary romance. And as you may know from the last year's end-of-the-year wrap-up post, I've been meaning to broaden my reading horizon. I haven't made good on my word to books of all genres, but this book club will help me do that.


Life's Library commences on December 4, 2018, when the physical subscriptions of the first book we'll be reading together If You Come Softly by Jacqueline Woodson are shipped out to members. Depending on how long it takes for your items to get to you, everyone will have around 4-6 weeks to read the book, during which time you will be able to discuss the book on the Life's Library's Discord channel. If interested, you have two options: pay a fee of $25 for the physical subscription, with which you'll receive the book, a letter from John Green explaining his book choice for the month, a few postcards, a button pin, a sticker/decal, as well as a reading guide and access to the Discord discussion. The other option is a digital subscription that includes a digital copy of the book, access to the online discussion channel, the letter from John and a podcast discussion between him and Rosianna (which are emailed to you directly). I've gone with the physical subscription and can't wait to receive my book. All proceeds obtained go towards charity. As it happens, both subscriptions are sold out at the moment, but the site promises that they will be reopening around the time of the next reading cycle. So if this appeals to you, keep a lookout for the reopening!

Comments

back to top