Open Letters: Clary Fray (The Mortal Instruments Series)




Picture
Dear Clary Fray,

Over the last couple years, I've come to know you, I've also come to admire you. What you've been through, I've been through. The shock, the fear, the bravery, the determination, and even the love for Jace. I've gone through it all with you. And I want to thank you for that because it's been quite an adventure. After completing City of Heavenly Fire, (which wasn't my favorite, I'll tell you that and will get to it in a bit) I realized I've been following your life events for about half of my teenage years.

I enjoyed going to the vampire-infested Hotel Dumort to rescue a poor Simon turned rat, I enjoyed sneaking into the Seelie Court with you and the gang. I enjoyed blowing up Valentine's ship with you. I enjoyed experiencing Idris for the first time with you. I especially enjoyed going to the Wayland Manor with you and Jace and finding out he wasn't your brother. I enjoyed marking Shadowhunters and Downworlders alike in preparation for the Mortal War. I enjoyed watching you and Jace in that alleyway (not in that creepy, stalkerish way, I assure you) I felt you relief when you found Jace unharmed and okay when you were worried because he's been acting weird and distant lately, only to be kidnapped by him. I felt your desperation when you realized he was gone after you told "five minutes" and were afraid that would be the last thing you say to him. I felt your anger when you heard the Clave would deprioritize his search and rescue. I felt your triumph when you stabbed Sebastian in the demon realm, and the sadness, that was there as well. I could go on and on and on (I think I pretty much have)

I enjoyed all these things, but I'll tell you one thing I certainly didn't enjoy, not even remotely, was that much-anticipated cave scene. Well, it wasn't anticipated in the cave, you get what I mean, the context of the scene. I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say I waited for six books, a total of five years and this is what I get? Seriously? I'm so frustrated right now because I can't express my frustration well enough. I know it's your moment and everything, and you should make it how you want, and maybe that was how you wanted it, in a dangerous demon realm while rescuing Magnus, Jocelyn and the others, where anything could happen at any time, but hey, again it's your moment. Maybe that how you wanted it to go, maybe that's how you planned it, in a demon realm, at the most inopportune time. Did I mention the demon realm? I'm just telling you this so you could take into consideration the feelings of millions of girls (and quite possibly, guys) who have been waiting for this for a long time. With an emphasis on long. I mean, sure you've waited for a long time too, but really, couldn't you wait just a little while longer, when you weren't in a demon realm? Well, it's certainly too late now. I guess I just want to make you feel a little guilty. Just a little, but other than that I really like you. I do. Thanks for hearing me out.

♡,
Islam

P.S- Did I mention the demon realm is dangerous?

*The picture that put for Clary is of Alexz Johnson, who I really wanted to play her.

Comments

back to top