Open Letters: Mr. Collins (Pride & Prejudice)




Picture
The not-so-dear Mr. Collins,

Okay, so I won't beat around the bush here. I won't bullshit you (even though that's what you seem to do to others) because it seems like you could really use my advice. I don't like you. You're (subtly) rude, and fake. You need a lesson in real manners. You should read Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, you could learn a thing or two...or ten. Really, there might yet be hope for you. You're one of those people that fake politeness and it pisses me off. I'd respect you a little (just a little) more if you were blunt with your rudeness. It is much more honest, don't you think? At least then you'll have one good quality to your personality.

What's up with you, I mean really? Ugh, you infuriate me! Initially, I thought, "Hey, this Bennett relative Mr. Collins seems like a nice guy", but as the story progressed, you frustrated me more than anyone else (well...). You proposed to Lizzy and when she rejected you, you immediately moved on to Charlotte? Have you no sense of decency?What do you think this is, a game of conquests? One girl refuses, you go say "whatever, your loss" and move on to another, in a matter of days might I add. And you don't brush off her rejection good-naturedly, no, you get back at her by insulting her character as if it's her fault. Let me ask you this:: (Besides the fact that she was already in love Mr. Darcy) Don't you think if you were a good person, Lizzy would have at least considered your proposal? Something to ponder.

Without any of it,
♡,
Islam

P.S- Considering she's Elizabeth Bennett, I don't think she would have.

*This picture is of Tom Hollander who played Mr. Collins in one of the remakes of the movie for Pride and Prejudice.

Comments

back to top