TV Shows: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Picture

A couple months ago, it was announced that the Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi was to be adapted into a TV show. The rights were bought by ABC Studios. I find the decision to make the series a small screen instead of a big screen adaptation surprising because, the series only consists of three books. That can't possibly to enough material make it into a show. In my opinion, the maximum number of seasons this trilogy can be based off of for a show- because of the number of books- is three. Any more than that is going to be a stretch and will most likely result in introduction to new ideas or scenes that aren't in the books.

I've read the first book so far and I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'm kind of excited and interested to see where this goes, how their going to make this work without screwing it up. I've learned to expect screwing up on the creators parts, and have condition myself to have low expectations when it comes to theatrical adaptations of books. Regardless, I'm excited for updates on the show. 

Comments

back to top