Comparing Covers (US, UK Editions, etc): Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Another new segment, guys! I'm just swimming with great ideas, aren't I? This new segment, as you've obviously seen in the title of the post already is "Comparing Covers" (very original, I know) Here I'll be comparing covers of different editions of a certain book. 


For example, today I'll be comparing different editions of Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. I chose this book because , before I even came up with the idea, I noticed that this book has several different cover styles. Let's begin.


U.S Edition

This edition is the one I'm used to. I like it, it seems coordinated with the title of the book, and even though you can't immediately figure out what the book is about just by looking the cover, it still gives you a jist of what you're going to read. 


U.K Edition

This one is a little weird for me, I don't think it looks all that great. In fact, I don't think I like it at all. The way the image is organized and styled makes it look low in quality. 


Other Editions

The one to the left is the French edition, it looks a little amateur, it okay. The one in the middle is the Portuguese edition, I like it. It very similar to the original. To the right is the Indonesian edition, eh. It has a little more dynamic, but does it convey what's really in the book? I don't know, I haven't read it yet, but I will get to it soon since I already own it. 



Which is your favorite? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

back to top