TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Season 7 Episodes 3 & 4: "The Queen's Justice" and "Spoils of War" Review



Considering I haven't posted the review for episode three of season seven yet, I thought I might just merge the two reviews in one post. It's just more efficient that way (and so that Game of Thrones episode reviews are not the only posts you see on the first page of the blog)
The long-awaited meeting between Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow (who's not actually a Snow, but also a Targaryen) has finally taken place at Dragonstone. Wow! We've been following these significant characters from the start of the series leading separate lives and now, finally, two of those major characters have met! But, I have to say, their actual meeting was a little underwhelming. It wasn't as epic as I expected it to be. I'm not sure what made it "less epic", but it was. Did the Sansa-Bran reunion happen in this episode? I don't really remember, and probably because it was a crap reunion! The same goes for the Sansa-Arya reunion (which I will discuss below). I mean, I understand that Bran is no longer Bran because he's the Three-Eyed Raven and is so much more now, but this was not a good reunion. The Jon-Sansa reunion was great! It was so emotionally charged that I nearly cried!

Cersei gets her revenge and poisons one of Ellaria Sand's daughters with the same poison she used to kill Myrcella. Everyone thinks Cersei is so treacherous and cruel, but she's only doing to others what they have done to her, she's just returning the favor. The Sands shouldn't have poisoned Myrcella, to begin with, she was an innocent girl who had no say in what her family members on the other side of the pond did. If anything, I say kudos to Cersei for avenging Myrcella's death.

Best episode of Game of Thrones, ever! (Well, second only to the Battle of the Bastards) Now, this episode was EPIC! I was not expecting this! Everything escalated so quickly in this episode. The fighting scene between Arya and Brienne was brilliant! I replayed that part around four or five times! And the unexpected battle between Jamie's forces and Dani's Dothraki and Drogon! Wow!

Did the Sansa-Arya reunion happen in this episode? Frankly, I don't remember when this one happened either because it was not at all memorable! I think it did. Anyway, it was sad. and by sad I mean, like, pitiful. I understand that these two were never fond of each other, but there are still sisters. You'd think there was some emotion on either end.

Comments

back to top