Open Letters: Jace Wayland/Morgenstern/Herondale/Lightwood/God Knows Who Else (The Mortal Instruments Series)



*I've been delaying this letter for far way too long. Also, a disclaimer: the young man in the picture is Jeremy Sumpter who played Peter Pan way back when and who, I'm not at all embarrassed to say, was my childhood crush. It started when I was nine. I had watched the movie and loved it. So much so that it was my favorite movie for years to come (with the exception of the Harry Potter movies, of course) While I was reading City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare for the first time, I had imagined a figure that looked very much like him, to be Jace. It's not at all unreasonable. He has tawny blond hair and a devil-may-care smile. I will not divulge whether or not my crush on him still holds, but know this: he likes to play golf. Make of that statement what you will.

Dear Jace Wayland/Morgenstern/Herondale/Lightwood/God Knows Who Else,

I don't usually go insulting my letter recipients right off the bat, but considering you're...unique, I'll make an exception. Your sarcastic and cool shell may have had everyone else fooled, but you don't fool me, you never have. Others may think the only reason you act the way you do is to ward off friendly people in fear of befriending them and showing them your true self. But you and I both know that you secretly enjoy it. I'd long understood that part of you. You may or may not know this, but your ancestor, Will Herondale adopted a cool and indifferent attitude, not unlike your own. Only his attitude was projected for good reason, or at least for what he knew to be a good reason [see: Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)] Your arrogance, on the other hand, is inexcusable. While your articulate and seemingly logical speech may be impressive to some, I sometimes find it contradictory. For instance, you criticize the Clave for their excessive exclusiveness, yet you pettily insult and ridicule mundanes and Downworlders when you're not in the mood. This is the first of many (possibly chastising) letters you'll be receiving from me. Expect future correspondence and get your act together.

Thank you for your attention,
Islam

P.S- I'll love you no matter what you do.

P.P.S- Keeping up with your ever-changing parentage is EXHAUSTING!

Comments

back to top