Monthly Wrap-Ups: June 2017



With the end of June came yet another Ramadan in the summer. I love Ramadan, it's always so sad to witness the end of the holy month. It teaches me patience (I'm not a very patient person) and humbles me. Fortunately, fasting was easiest this year than it had ever been for me. There weren't many hot days during the month, and if there were, they didn't make my experience any more difficult. If there was something that made Ramadan even a little more trying was my abstinence from watching movies and tv shows, and listening to music. I will proudly say that I successfully managed to refrain from catching up on my tv shows and I only watched half of a movie while I was over at my aunts' house. What I failed miserably in doing was staying away from my classical music. I must've played the Peter Pan (2003) original soundtrack like, seven times this month alone. But with the end of Ramadan, my excitement for Game of Thrones is just barely containable. JULY 16, GUYS. We've waited forever and a day for the premiere of season 7, and the time is almost upon us. I think I might embed a live countdown on the sidebar of the blog. Yes, I certainly will. In fact, I'm setting it up as I write this.
(not many)

(I haven't actually finished a book this month, so here's my currently reading list)


City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments #2) by Cassandra Clare
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare



So, I've lost track of how many times I've listened to this album, (not that I was really keeping track) but I'm fairly certain that, to date, I must've listened to it at least...twenty-five times. It's magical, innocent, and beautiful. The writer and composer, James Newton Howard, also composed music for notable movies including Maleficent, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, King Kong, and the Hunger Games movies. I know, I know, great scores! Now go and give this album a listen!

Comments

back to top