Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by J.K Rowling



Synopsis
5 out of 5 stars

Firstly, I did not expect for half of the events of Goblet of Fire to happen at the Quidditch World Cup! I get that we needed the game in order to be introduced to the Death Eaters, (because how else would the characters and readers become acquainted with them, they can't exactly attack the school) and don't get me wrong I enjoyed reading about it, but I felt it dragged on for a little longer than it should have. While I will always genuinely be fond of the movie, I thought the events of the book played out much better than they did in the film. Granted, Dobby randomly showing up to give Harry the gillyweed right before the second task was a little strange, but everything else transpired rather nicely. 


As usual, Rowling's writing and story-telling are exceptional. I'm always in awe of the way she weaves scenes and connects storylines. I'm especially fascinated by the way she excels at subtly foreshadowing ideas and events books ahead!

Comments

back to top