Monthly Wrap-up: November 2017



November was a month of firsts for me. I had my first real emotional breakdown over an exam. I filled my gas tank manually, for the first time. And for the first time, I feel both optimistic and apprehensive about the future.
City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare (currently reading)
The Lesser Bohemians by Eimear McBride (also currently reading)


Since finishing Reign and Downton Abbey last month and the month before, I haven't committed to any new shows or shows I haven't watched before. Season two of Good Behavior premiered in October and I have been watching the new episodes, but it's not really worth featuring considering it was the star of the "what i've been watching" section in a monthly wrap-up post two or three moons past. So, for this month I decided to feature two movies I really enjoyed watching this month. Yes, I only now watched The Force Awakens for the first time, same goes for Far from the Madding Crowd. You'd think that because I'm such an ardent fan of both high fantasy and historical dramas, that I'd have seen one or both of these before this month. But, I haven't. So that I'm not completely shunned by the Star Wars community, I feel that I have to defend myself and say that I have watched the Star Wars prequels and loved them! I cannot wait for The Last Jedi, which hits theaters Dec, 15th. As for Far from the Madding Crowd, it was a beautiful film and Carey Mulligan could quite possibly be my current favorite actress. I'm in the process of typing up an open letter to Bathsheba Everdene, Mulligan's character and I have a lot to say to her, so be on the lookout for that.

Comments

back to top