Movie News: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: Final Trailer Reaction!



Can you guys believe that the day we've been waiting for for the past two years is fast approaching?! I certainly can't! I've even recently bought a Hogwarts uniform- complete with the robes, Ravenclaw tie, pin, and scarf- to celebrate the momentous occasion. Yes, I will be wearing my uniform to the movie showing and on Halloween! Now to the matter at hand: the final trailer for The Crimes of Grindelwald has been released and I was left baffled after watching it, to say the least! The latest trailer confirms quite a few theories that have been circulating through the Wizarding World fandom for a while now. I will not spoil anything for those who have not yet watched the trailer by listing them in this section, I will, however, communicate my thoughts on all of the revelations in the section below the trailer. DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE TRAILER! You have been forewarned.


1. In the first thirty freaking seconds of the trailer, it's revealed that Claudia Kim's character, the Maledictus whose name was until this trailer came out, was unknown to us, is, in fact, Nagini! The Nagini who, in the distant future will become Voldemort's assassin/Horcrux! The SuperCarlin Brothers, who I am a huge fan of, came up with the theory that the aforementioned Maledictus is Nagini (as far as I know). Admittedly, when I initially watched the video on that particular theory, I was skeptical. It seemed too far-fetched and there wasn't enough evidence to buttress it. In fact, it wasn't until I heard it confirmed in the trailer that I was convinced it was true!

2. I imagined Newt's brother Theseus would try to stop Newt's attempts to foil Grindelwald's plans, but I didn't think he would such a hindrance (based on what we've been shown in the trailer). It makes me wonder how Theseus plays into the scheme of things. I mean, I can guess that from his "war hero" title that he's somewhat of a goodie-two-shoes and a strict abide-by-the-rules fellow. But it'll but interesting to see how far into the movie he realizes Newt's trying to do the right thing and join his effort.

3. Miserable detail #1: I noticed Queenie was clutching her ears at one point, and I was suddenly reminded of the part in the Deathly Hallows Part II (I don't remember if it happens in the book) when Voldermort broadcasts a message, he demands that everyone in the Great Hall give Harry up and have him brought to him in the Forbidden Forest. This clip of Queenie is very reminiscent of that makes me wonder if the same happens to her (except it's Grindelwald transmitting his message through her)

What do you guys think? Are you just as excited about this film as I am?

Comments

back to top