Open Letters: Claire Beauchamp


Dearest Claire,

Firstly, I wanted to apologize for strictly using your maiden name in the header of this letter. Also, for I merely putting your first name on the image. I don't mean to offend, but I couldn't afford to shrink the font in which your name (in all of its crowded glory) is typed in any more than it already is and so I thought Beauchamp would suffice. It wouldn't have been fair to Jamie if I'd used Randall and to Frank if I'd merely used Fraser.

Anyway, I'm addressing this letter to you to express my admiration and utmost respect to your person. You are tenacious, selfless, and loyal to a fault. You handle the majority of hurdles you're faced very well. Although, your suggestion to do away with Charlie was questionable. Barring that I envy you for your ability to handle yourself appropriately in every situation or social setting. Somehow, even when you were carted off to be tried for engaging in witchcraft and subsequently executed, somehow, you were more graceful than most people can hope to be. What I want to ask is, how do you do it? How is it that your world was quite literally thrown off its axis and yet you glided through without much trouble?

Is it good fortune (not that you've had a particularly easy life) or do you just have an affinity for dealing with bad circumstances? Please let me know, I'm sure to learn a great deal from you.

Eternally yours,
Islam 💝

Comments

back to top